Sardinia fair travel – Sardaigne en liberté
SARDINIA FAIR TRAVEL
HAS IMAGINED AND CREATED DIFFERENTS TOURS TO SATISFY ALL YOUR WISHES
A RICH CULTURAL AND ARCHEOLOGICAL HERITAGE
Sardinia has an extremely rich archaeological heritage. The best way – for interested travelers – to find out, is through activities in nature and the contact with locals. Numerous archaeological excavation sites, all around the island, testify to the historical past of Sardinia. These include nuraghi, giant graves (Tomba dei Giganti), menhirs, dolmens, fairy houses (Domus de Janas) and holy wells.
On our tours you will be accompanied by a knowledgeable English speaking tour guide who can tell you a lot about the pre-Christian age of the Nuraghi.
- Discovery of the Neuralgic civilization: excursions in small groups of 8 people.
- Wellness & archeology: visiting a thermal bath that was previously used and valued by the Romans for the therapeutic benefits of its water.
- Holidays à la carte: we make it possible for you to have a stay tailored to your wishes and needs.
- In direct contact with history: if you wish, we can visit a restored Roman camp; organize archaeological workshops where nuragic ceramics and weapons are made and much more.
CARNIVAL AND TRADITION
The Carnival of Sardinia (su Carrasegare) is one of the most original events of the island. The masks, traditional costumes, rituals and its processions highlight the uniqueness of Sardinian culture.
On this trip you will have the opportunity to listen to the Sardinian polyphonic singing “a tenores” and experience the traditional dances of the area.
Our itineraries take you to the heart of Sardinia, in Barbagia, to discover:
- the small town of Mamoiada and its Mamuthones – masked figures.
- the west coast to the town of Oristano, where the Sartiglia takes place during the Carnival, a horse race with medieval origins.
- A hiking tourthat lets you immerse yourself in the lived tradition of Sardinia – from the carnival to the crafts and knowledge of the shepherds to the winemaker in the Barbagia.
- You will be amazed at the beauty of ancient rituals, the cultural expressions of traditional agro-pastoral society and the dance to the sound of drums and accordions.
- A full immersion in the wild nature of Sardinia where the archaeological treasures of the region keep hiding.
- A vacation full of unforgettable experiences, far removed from mass tourism.
- We end the day in typical Sardinian inns in close contact with the local population.
SARDINIA, IDEAL PLACE FOR NORDIC WALKING TOUR
Especially in the mountainous hinterland of the island you will find beautiful, deserted paths that are very suitable for Nordic walking in the great outdoors.
Before going on a Nordic walking tour, we start each day with a gentle but effective warm-up program. After that we are on the road between 4 and 6 hours a day. Nordic walking sticks are available.
Wellness accommodations with spa & Nordic walking
- Trekking in a small group limited to 8 participants.
- Overnight in a thermal center that was used by the Romans in ancient times for the beneficial effects of the water.
DISCOVER SARDINIA: A DIFFERENT KIND OF FAMILY HOLIDAY
For families Sardinia offers a particularly nice experience, a relaxing environment in the midst of nature. The wonderful light, the good air in the mountains, the diverse landscapes and of course the paradisiacal beaches, something to suit every family member.
- Activities close to nature and sporting activities: kayaking, diving, horse rides, sailing, cycling, hiking and donkey rides.
- Cultural activities and experiences: visiting archaeological excavation sites, cooking courses, helping with the grape harvest, being a shepherd for a few hours or even a whole day, grazing livestock, making cheese and much more.
SARDINIA, A FESTIVAL FOR THE SENSES
Simply enjoying a typical Sardinian menu will appeal to all of your senses. The culinary delight almost always includes the famous Culurgiones (ravioli filled with a mixture of pecorino cheese, potatoes and mint), suckling pig, and finally a myrtle liqueur and homemade Amaretto made from local almonds. But that’s not all…
DELIGHT YOUR SENSES
Refine your hearing while walking in the woods by listening to the sound of the water, bird calls, cicadas and crickets. Or let yourself be carried away by the Sardinian music and the stories of centenarians in the villages where time seems to have stood still.
Let your sense of smell run free and breathe in the scent of rosemary and juniper, oranges and lemons and the Mediterranean scrub landscape.
Develop your fifth sense in a cooking class and learn how to make culurgiones and other Sardinian specialties.
Pamper all your senses by talking to the Sardinians, who love their island, talk enthusiastically about it, are very hospitable, generous and full of positive life energy.
- Wonderful areas and changing landscapes: sea, mountains, forest, small villages.
- The culinary richness of Sardinia, a feast for the palate.
- The hospitality of the Sardinians.
- The island’s significant historical and cultural heritage.
- And then take your time to listen and let everything work its magic on you: the sounds of the waves, the nature, and the songs of Sardinia in this sun-drenched country!
Sardinia fair travel (Sardaigne en liberté), Sardinia’s first agency of sustainable tourism, invites you to travel differently.
(+33) 649 41 62 42